Not to be confused with the idea of ‘thrift’, consignment is resale, and in our case, resale that has gone upscale. Our take on consignment means that we look for designer clothes and accessories in great condition, creating a world of unique wardrobes with a smaller carbon footprint.
HOW TO CONSIGN?
Consigning is easy at Hertha’s Second Edition. We understand your time is valuable. Please take a moment to explore this page to learn how to make the process as smooth and efficient as possible.
We accept consignments by appointment only Monday – Saturday, 10am – 4pm.
Please call (251) 928-4866 to schedule your appointment.
• Must have 10 items to start an account. Special arrangements may be made for high-end designer items.
• Clothing must be professionally laundered or dry-cleaned, pressed or steamed, and on hangers.
• Cute, Clean, and Current! Articles should be either new or pristine condition, in style, seasonally appropriate, and generally no more than two years old. Exceptions may be made for high end designer items.
• Shoes should have little to no visible wear on uppers, insides and soles.
• Watches must be functional, with fresh batteries installed if needed.
• If you have a certificate of authenticity, receipt or other documentation, please include it with your items.
• Each consignor receives 50% of the selling price after the item has sold.We charge a $3 processing fee for each item that sells.
• Consignor agreement is approximately 60 days. After 60 days, all consigned items will expire. It is the responsibility of each consignor to monitor your consignor account on Consignor Login. Hertha’s will not contact you regarding the status of any consigned items.
• It is the responsibility of each consignor to contact Hertha’s Second Edition prior to the 60-day expiration date, after which you are responsible for retrieving your unsold items from the sales’ floor, or we can donate them on your behalf to a local charity.
• Prices are determined by Hertha’s Second Edition after thoroughly researching competitive pricing online and in brick and mortar stores. Please note that in the world of consignment, items sell at an average of 1⁄2 to 1⁄3 of the original retail price.
• Markdowns and promotional discounts are taken at Hertha’s discretion.
• Your earnings can be used as store credit or given to you in the form of a check once a month. Any monies left on your account after one year from the date of sale shall be forfeited.
• After your contract period ends, you can request a check or use store credit for any money you’ve earned. Your store credit is available in your account before your consignor agreement ends and you may view the money earned anytime by signing into your Consignor Login account online.
If we receive items for consignment that we confirm are counterfeit, they will not be returned to the consignor and will be destroyed under Federal Law.
Our goal is to get the highest price for you, the consignor, while providing the highest standards of quality clothing and brands for our customer. We truly appreciate you entrusting Hertha’s Second Edition to sell your items!
Call us at (251) 928-4866 for an appointment to consign your clothes and let’s turn your closet into cash!